Christmas Countdown

mandag 24. september 2012

The Night Before Christmas...

This weekend I made another christmascard with Papirdesigns new christmaspapers.
What inspired me to make it was a (new) stamp, the poem about the little girl who thought she'd been so nice that she had to hang a pantyhose by the fireplace... I think this cute Sarah Kay-image fits well to that text. It's an image I've had for years, and get more fond of every time I use it (although it has some tricky colouringparts). This time I coloured with ProMarkers again.
On the front, the paneledges are inked (DistressInk WalnutStain) and sewn down.
The lacy edge is made with a Martha Stewart edge punch (Doily Lace).
The sentiment is a cutout from one of Papirdesigns older christmascollections, I used GlossyAccents on top of it (oh, how I hate that wait-untill-it's-dry-part!!!)
Beneath the sentiment is the poem, rolled up, with a ribbon tied as a bow around it (picture of it opened further down).

And here's the inside, made as a "light" version of the Sketch Saturdays sketch I used to make the front.
On the left side (where I think it's too bulky to write anything by hand, I stamped two different christmasgreetings. On the rightside I just stamped the same "borders", but left the rest blank to write a personal greeting.
Of course the edges are inked inside too :)

The backside, where I made a "Postcard", using different stamps, one of them saying something like "handmade with warmth and care by", then I masked in my name from a different stamp:

Here I've opened the bow, to show the poem:

Here's a close-up showing the poem, rolled out:

I'll join these challenges with the card:
Sketch Saturday #226 - Sketch
Creative Inspirations #181 - Christmas In September
Paper Crafting Journey - My Sentiment Exactly
Scrapperiket - Bruk 2 Forskjellige Skrifttyper (2 different fonts)
Just Keep On Creating - Christmas Is Just Around The Corner


***

Thanks a lot for all visits and comments - You really make me happy 

 

6 kommentarer:

  1. Nydelig julekort :-) Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen til Scrapperiket, og lykke til! DT Heidi

    SvarSlett
  2. Gorgeous card, Lisbeths. Love the paper and your image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at PCJ and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale

    SvarSlett
  3. hello Lisbeths, your card is so sweet and cute, i love it, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you next week, biz

    SvarSlett
  4. Such a lovely card Lisbeth! Love this rolled up poem!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday! :)
    Lizy DT x

    SvarSlett
  5. Awesome card!! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
    ~DEANNE~

    SvarSlett
  6. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It's going to always be stimulating to read content from other writers and follow somewhat something from their store. I’d favor to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    SvarSlett