Christmas Countdown

søndag 16. september 2012

Christmascard in red and white - and a little brown

I have made a christmascard with Papirdesigns new christmaspapers. This years christmaspapers are absolutely lovely, so, hopefully, I'll manage some more with them.
I have masked two Magnoliaimages together. I haven't been a "masker" earlier, but borrowing a chairimage from a friend really got me started. Now I tell myself I don't have to mask everything - LOL
All paperedges are inked with DistressInk WalnutStain. 
I used som brown lace, and brown backing behind the image and the tag (Magnolia DooHickey).
The red ribbon has a little presentcharm attached.
The paperlace is made with Martha Stewarts Doily Lace Edge Punch.
For santas beard I used LiquidAppliqué. On his suits fur trim I used Glistening Snow Writer (from Deco Art). I have discovered that it doesn't go very well with DistressMarkers, that this image is coloured with. Just with a little touch it kind of sucks the distressink and spreads it. It even happens on images that are coloured weeks ago...
But - it's glittery, so I can't resist it - LOL

The inside, clean and simple decorated with only a greeting and some tiny red halfpearls. The paper is the same as one on the front.

Now, I'll send my christmascard to the following challenges, and X my fingers:
Christmas Challenges (with sketches) #41 - Sketch + Twist (mask 2 stamps together)
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Christmas Presents
Christmas Crafting #14 - Traditional Christmas Colours
Midweek Magnolias #28 - Christmas in September
Stampin' For The Weekend #17 - Starting Christmas Early

***

Thanks a lot for spending a little time with me :)

9 kommentarer:

  1. Very pretty card you made. I love this stamp and the colors you uses are lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCWS.

    SvarSlett
  2. What a beautiful Christmas creation! Lovely colouring :) Thanks for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias. Jenny x

    SvarSlett
  3. For et lekkert julekort, Lisbeth :o) Nydelig papir og flott maskering av Santa og skorsteinen. Tusen takk for deltaking i utfordringen på CCWS! Håper vi sees igjen :o)

    SvarSlett
  4. This is fabulous. I love the image and wonderful colouring. Those christmas papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.
    Hugs Sue W.

    SvarSlett
  5. Wow...such a lovely card with my fave color as well!
    Thanks so much for using my sketch and playing with us at CCWS!

    *hugs*
    Angélique - DT CCWS

    SvarSlett
  6. Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR this month.

    SvarSlett
  7. Beautiful card what could be more traditional than father xmas thank you for entering the challenge at Christmas Crafting

    SvarSlett
  8. Beautiful card. Love the Santa image. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
    Debbie x

    SvarSlett
  9. I am extremely inspired with your writing talents as {smartly as} with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

    SvarSlett