Christmas Countdown

mandag 1. april 2013

Orange & Green at OLLCB

Good morning all crafters.
First of all a huge congrats to the winner and Top 3 of our last challenge It's a Man Thing! I loved visiting all, and boy (!) did I get inspiration to make my own male cards. I've saved lots of ideas in my "Ideafolder".
Today we have a new challenge for you over at Ooh La La Challenge Blog.
The theme for the next fortnight is Orange and Green.
Easy, or what? I have to admit I did struggle a bit with this one. In my mind Orange & Green were bright, bold colours. So out of my comfortzone as colours can be - DON't misunderstand me; seeing cards in those colours that others have made I'm almost stunned how cool and bold it looks. I just can't manage it myself. Then I sat down, looking through my Ooh La La CDs, and realized that there are different shades of Orange & Green! Strange how an idea can get stuck in ones head....
Well - I found this beautiful image and backingpapers on the Yesterday's Memories CD.
All in lovely, soft orangetones. All I had to find was green cardstock and embellishments in shades that suited the papers.
All that stuff a scrapper can save over the years! Of course I found lots and lots of green stuff!
I cut the image with a Spellbindersdies. Over the image I melted several layers of UTEE, to give it a sort of glasscover. Then I put it into the fridge for a few minutes. Taking it out of the fridge the "glass" easily breaks into a cracked-glass-effect.

Folding the 6"x12" cardstock into a 4"x6"-size, gives it a insidepocket perfect for a giftcard:
I hope many, many of you will take part in the Orange & Green challenge.
Hop over to Ooh La La Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the DT-girls have made out of the theme
- BEAUTIFUL creations!

Get inspired, and join us
 :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. fabbie card love the trim that you used
    hugs

    SvarSlett
  2. Interesting blog post. Things i would like to add is that personal computer memory has to be purchased if the computer cannot cope with that which you do by using it. One can put in two RAM memory boards containing 1GB each, as an example, but not one of 1GB and one having 2GB. One should check the maker's documentation for the PC to make sure what type of storage is necessary.

    SvarSlett